1170 primer is a heavy bodied, solvent-release product, manufactured by a special process, in which, refined bitumens, synthetic resins, and solvents are blended to form a primer with the highest possible wetting and penetration requirements for almost any field application condition.
Protecto Wrap 1170 primer is a specially formulated product for use as the primer for protecto wrap resin fortified pipe tapes. The primer can be applied by brush or spray methods, and is used on both cold and torch applied tapes, hot enamel or pressure sensitive bonding methods.
Steel vessels, pipes, pumps, valves, blowers, and structural
weldments in many water, chemical, petroleum and marine environments.
- Heavy Bodied
- High Wetting
- High Penetration
- Excellent Adhesion
- Quick Drying
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Brush, Roll or Spray Application
- Pipe Tape Primer
1. Clean the surface to be primed of all dirt, rust and foregin elements by the normal wire brush method.
2. Mix the protecto wrap primer thoroughly before application to insure an even and complete blend of the formulation.
3. Apply the protecto wrap primer by either brushing or using a spray machine depending on the equipment available and the size of the area to be covered.
4. Apply protecto wrap primer at a rate of 250-300 square feet per gallon and apply tape while the primer is not wet but still tacky.
|Adhesion to steel
|Adhesion to Tapes
||Over 1 Year
||250-300 Square Feet Per Gallon
||3.0 mils Avg. (wet film)